There are plenty of football betting apps on the market today, and it feels like a new one is being launched every week. So how do you keep up with the best football betting sites, or how do you work out which are the best places for football gambling? That’s where we come in.
We’ve examined all of the top football betting sites in UK to find the ones that give you the best value, have the most special features, and are able to provide the most enjoyable overall user experience. The end result of our intensive research is that we can advise you which betting site is best for football — and why.
Top Football Betting Sites in the UK – March 2021
Min. Deposit: £10
EXTENSIVE RANGE OF SPORT
T&Cs: New customers only • Min deposit £10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.5) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expires after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time • Withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply
Min. Deposit: £5
TOP-NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0)+.
Min. Deposit: £10
UP TO 12,000 MARKETS
RELATIVELY HIGH BETTING LIMITS
New customers only. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Terms apply
Min. Deposit: £10
36 Sports Covered
Excellent Football Service
New Customer Offer - Open to new accounts only. Deposit £20 and turnover your deposit five (5) times on the Sportsbook - trebles and accumulators (with three or more selections only), minimum odds each selection 1/2 (1.50) - and you’ll receive a £20 Free Bet. Additional deposits may be required in order to fulfil the turnover conditions, which must be met within 90 days of depositing. Bets placed using Free Bets or Bonus funds, or bets that have been Cashed Out, do not count towards turnover requirements. The Free Bet will expire seven days after being credited and can only be placed as a win only single bet on the Sportsbook. Free Bet stake not included in returns.
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Deposit £10 min and claim in ‘my offers’ 1×100% mobile in-play profit boost. Max stake £10. Max extra winnings £100. Valid for 30 days. Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify. 18+ Full T&Cs apply. www.begambleaware.org
New players only. Minimum £10 qualifying bets. No cash-outs allowed. Free bet is a one-time stake of £10, minimum odds of 1.5, stake is not returned, maximum conversion £20. 10x wagering the winnings, valid for 7 days from issue. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full T&Cs apply
Min. Deposit: £5
Personalised betting options
Fast mobile app
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £30. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
New UK players only/First bet in first 14 days/ Any sport with 3 selections/ Deposit and min. 1.8 odds per selection/Minimum stake £5 maximum £30/ Certain payment methods excluded/ T&C apply/18+/begambleaware.org
*18+. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. First bet only. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. UK customers only. One Free Bet offer per customer, household and IP Address only.T&Cs apply
18+ ,UK + IRE only, 18+, Full T&Cs apply
Min. Deposit: £10
Great CUSTOMER SUPPORT
New customers only. Min deposit £10 (UK debit cards only) Bet £10 at odds of evens (2.0) or greater. Multiple bets with cumulative odds of evens (2.0) count, each leg must have odds of 1/5 (1.2) to be eligible. Each way bets are eligible for this promotion. Upon qualifying bet settlement, 1 x £5.00 Free Bet will be credited to your account. Once the first £5.00 Free Bet has been used a further 3 x £5.00 Free Bets will be applied to your account. Free bet stake not returned after bet settlement. Valid for 7 days, each Free Bet must be used in its entirety.
#ad. New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Minimum deposit £10. You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) in Sportsbook, 25x for Casino. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply,
18+.UK + IRE only, 18+, Full T&Cs apply
Get £20 Risk-Free Bet
Min. Deposit: £10
30.000 live events/month
Up to 150+ extra markets
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
New customers only; Use code: PLAY10; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Bonus amount is 50% of deposit up to £50; Offer can be claimed once per household; Wager the qualifying deposit and bonus amount 5x within 30 days to convert bonus winnings into real money; Wagers must be on min. odds of 1.80 on singles or combo bets with min odds. of 1.40 per selection to qualify; Max. stake contribution to wagering requirement is the value of your bonus; Terms apply; 18
How We Rank Football Betting Sites
There are several key qualities we look for when we’re ranking the best bookies for football betting.
- Ease Of Use & Friendly Interface: First of all, we look for sites that make football betting easy. This covers the signup process (which should be quick and straightforward), the ease of being able to manage your account, and the overall accessibility of the online football betting services a site provides. We have always found that the best online football betting sites are those that enable you to get access to your bet slip and to add to your acca bets easily.
- Wide Range Of Betting Options: The range of markets on offer is also what distinguishes the best football betting sites. Whether it’s Premier League betting, FA Cup betting or Champions’ League betting, a good site needs to offer a range of pre-match and in-play markets on every match, as well as outright markets on all the major leagues and competitions. We also like to recommend sites that offer some more unconventional markets, such as the first manager to lose their job or transfer betting, and innovative football accumulator bets e.g., Man City to win the treble, etc.
- Mobile Betting: When you’re betting on football, being able to bet when on the move is crucial — as is being able get out of a bet in a hurry if it looks like going wrong. That’s why our priority when recommending football betting sites is that they have a mobile sports book that is easy to use, and enables you to sync your accounts seamlessly so that you can bet on any device or platform with the same account and log in details.
- Extra Features: Our recommendations for the best football betting sites also include those that offer punters additional features, like live streaming of matches, data visualisations and extensive stats and team history. This is especially important for live football betting, so you can be on top of any game, no matter where or when it’s being played.
- Security: Finally, we when are trying to determine the best site to bet on football games, we look for fully accredited sites that are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and are also ideally members of IBAS, as a means of providing the best possible security for punters.
Best Football Betting Sites In UK
Betway Football Betting
Betway has become one of the most prominent football online betting sites (partly through its sponsorship of West Ham United) and offers UK punters a huge range of local and international markets. Offering live and in-play betting across all major leagues, including the Premier League and Champions’ League, and packed with football betting offers, Betway also has a Free Bet Club where you can pick up £10 in bonus bets each week.
Ladbrokes Football Betting
One of the best sites for Premiership betting, Ladbrokes gives you plenty of soccer bet options on every game not only in the Premier League, but La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and the Champions’ League as well. You can bet pre-match and in-play, or make outright bets on who will win the league or be the top scorer, while Ladbrokes also gives you live streaming of matches from selected leagues around the world.
Coral Football Betting
When it comes to football betting offers, Coral leads the way with a huge range of special markets on games in the Premier League and beyond, as well as pre-match and in-play betting on every game from all the major European leagues. Keep an eye out for Smart Boost, where you get special odds on a range of propositions (e.g., a team to win and a given player to score), as well as Acca Boosts, which give you a bonus on top of a 4-fold+ winning acca bet.
888Sport Football Betting
Football betting online is made easy at 888 with extensive coverage of the Premier League and other major leagues in Europe and beyond. Bet on your desktop, laptop, mobile or tablet and take advantage of the huge range of pre-match and in-play markets on every game. Coupon navigation has been made easier so that it’s quicker to add further bets on the same match, or take advantage of Acca Attack, where you get a 50% bonus on top of any 5-fold+ winning acca.
10Bet Football Betting
10Bet has become a hugely popular football betting site through its prices boosts and special offers on the most popular outright markets, such as Next Manager to Leave Post or Premier League Top Scorer. You can also enjoy pre-match and live football betting on every game, along with Acca Boost which gives you a 60% bonus on winning acca bets, and Pulse Bet, where you get bigger payouts on in-play bets made on your mobile or tablet.
Leo Vegas Football Betting
Leo Vegas gives you plenty of options for betting on football, with a good range of outright, pre-match and in-play markets on the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga. You can also get outright bets on the best team in London, the midlands, north-west, etc., in the Championship, as well as the top scorers in each division. Leo Vegas also gives you pre-match and live markets for Champions’ League betting and Europa League matches as well.
New Football Betting Sites
As well as the top football betting sites offered by traditional British bookmakers, you’ll also find an eye-catching list of new football betting sites. These arrive on the market every so often and promise to shake things up. Some achieve their goal while many others find it difficult to compete with the big boys.
SBK is a mobile-only offering, which was launched in 2019. Despite that apparent youth, though, this brand actually has a whole lot of experience behind it. This comes courtesy of Smarkets, the highly-successful betting exchange which created, and continues to operate, SBK.
SBK’s current welcome offer is excellent, granting newcomers a £20 risk-free bet in exchange for a deposit of £20 or more. Essentially, your first bet on the platform will be refunded – up to £20 – if it loses, and this absolutely covers SBK football betting too. If it wins… you collect your winnings as normal! While there aren’t any other true promotions currently available, football bettors are ably supported elsewhere by a whole range of informed betting tips, and an innovative ‘Auto Acca’ feature.No coupons found.
While Mr. Play had already established a successful online casino, they made the decision to expand their offering with a sportsbook in September 2019. This has proven to be an extremely smart call, with the sportsbook having been well-received by bettors and critics alike.
Mr Play certainly creates one of the best first impressions among new football betting sites, with a welcome offer that’s straightforward while providing very good value. To trigger it, you simply deposit and bet at least £10. You’ll then be rewarded with a £10 bet token, which you can spend on any football market at odds of evens (2.0) or greater. Football bettors can also benefit from PlayBOOST, a classic acca bonus offer which boosts your accumulator winnings by up to 77%. Combine all that with an excellent range of markets, and there’s plenty here to satisfy even the most experienced football bettors.
Like SBK, BetBull is a mobile-only sportsbook. While it doesn’t have the backing of another big brand behind it (such as Smarkets), BetBull is a more seasoned brand in itself, having been running since 2015. In recent years, however, it’s truly come into its own, with more and more excellent, social media-style features being added.
Of course, the popularity of the BetBull football betting experience has been boosted by one of the best welcome offers around. It’s a highly-flexible ‘Deposit X, Get Y’ promotion, in which you can deposit anything from £20-50, and get that amount matched as free bets. Elsewhere, while there aren’t any other ‘promotions’, you will receive a huge amount of help in your football betting. This comes courtesy of BetBull’s unique and innovative tipster system, in which tipsters are given clear ratings based on their success, making it easy to find the most useful ones.
No coupons found.
Football Betting Apps
The invention and growth in popularity of football betting apps has changed the way we gamble forever. You can now bet when you want, where you want and on what you want. The best mobile betting apps boast the same markets, prices and promotions as the desktop site but with the added advantages of playing on the move.
Check out Coral’s mobile app for an example of a fantastic football betting UK app. It’s fast, easy to use, allows you to gamble on the go and you can even watch live football on your mobile or tablet device. It’s the modern way to bet on football. You can download the mobile app or use the Coral mobile site if you’d prefer to save space on your handheld device.
Bet365 Football Mobile App
Aside from generally being one of the best football betting apps around, the Bet365 app gives you access to one of the top welcome offers going too. All you’re required to do is sign up, then deposit and bet at least £5. You’ll then be given ‘bet credits’ (free bets) matching that amount, up to a ridiculous £100. Both Android and iOS users can benefit from this brilliantly-designed app, and even the least experienced bettors will feel comfortable using it within minutes. There are specific Bet365 football promotions available – most notably the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer – and live streaming for some of the top domestic European leagues is also in place.
William Hill Football Betting App
William Hill is one of the most prestigious brands in sports betting, so it’s no surprise to see that the William Hill football betting app is also top-notch. Available on both Android and iOS devices, it’s a super-speedy and reliable application with a faultlessly intuitive interface. You can watch live streams of football from Europe and further afield when you’re on-the-go, and all the other major features – particularly live betting – are also brilliantly executed. To top it all off, William Hill are one of the very best football betting bookies when it comes to promotions. Their ‘Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets’ welcome offer is an absolute classic, and daily Bet Boosts and Flash Odds are extremely useful.
888sport Football Betting App
888sport are the youngest bookie on this list, only launching in 2008. They’ve made enormous progress, though, and now offer another of the very best football apps on the market. You’re granted excellent value from the off, courtesy of their ‘Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets’ welcome offer. Football bettors can also benefit from daily price enhancements on selected trebles and wincasts, and the free predictor game ‘Up For 8’. While there’s no football streaming on the app, there are a series of in-play features and other useful tools, including a very good bet builder. Like the other apps on this list, 888sport’s offering is available on both iOS and Android, and is built around an extremely user-friendly interface.
Football Betting Offers
Sign Up Offers
The top football betting sites in UK offer new punters a range of different Welcome Bonus offers as an incentive for opening an account with them. These generally take the form of giving you bonus bets when you sign up and make a first bet with them, and will usually be worth around 200% – 400% e.g., bet £10 and get £20 in free bets, etc.
One of the best football betting offers for new punters at the moment is the signup bonus offered by Ladbrokes, where when you make a first bet of £5, you then get £20 in bonus bets (effectively a 400% bonus). This comes in the form of 4 x £5 bets which you can use over a period of four days. You can also get a similar deal at Coral.
There is also a good Welcome Bonus on offer at 10Bet, which is one of the best football betting sites around. When you open an account, you receive a 50% match bonus on your first deposit up to the value of £100, which means that if you open your account with £200 you can start betting with £300.
Acca Boost & Acca Insurance
Aside from Welcome Bonus offers, the most popular promotions offered by the best online football betting sites are Acca boosts and Acca Insurance. With an Acca Boost, if you make an accumulator bet of at least 4 or 5 legs and it comes in, you’ll get an additional bonus on top. The amount varies depending on the site and the number of folds in your acca bet, but can be worth up to 60% of the amount you win, and with the big payouts on accas, this can be a substantial bonus on top of your winnings.
Acca Insurance is also very popular, as this gives you your stake money back (in the form of bonus bets) if only one leg of a 4-fold+ acca bet fails to come in.
The promotions and specials at the best bookies for football change frequently, and there are always new ones around big matches and special events, so it pays to keep in touch via email or SMS to make sure you’re in the loop on the latest offers.
Best Bookies For Football Markets And Leagues
Major bookmakers such as William Hill and Paddy Power offer a wealth of betting markets on the most popular leagues from around the world. You can have your say on the English Premier League, Scottish Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and plenty more besides. There’s also outright and match betting on the Champions League, Europa League and World Cup. If you have an opinion on football you can be sure these bookmakers will have you covered.
You may be impressed by the coverage on football competitions but it’s nothing compared to what awaits backers when it comes to markets on the most popular fixtures. William Hill and Paddy Power have the largest selection of betting options, from the best loved to the weird and wonderful. Get your stake money down on the winner or play one of the many specials. These include both teams to score, handicap, half time/full time, total goals and win both halves.
You can even bet on a player to score the first goal and the final score. That’s one for those chasing a big price pay-out. There’s more risk involved betting on the specials, but the rewards are often well worth chasing.
Football Betting Options
If you’re new to premier league betting, or football betting in general, it can sometimes be hard to get a handle on the different types of football gambling and the terminology, so we have given you below a brief description of the most common bet football options.
- Outrights — a bet on a team to win a match, tournament or league.
- Over/Under — a bet on the number of goals scored by a team in a game or the total goals scored in a match e.g., you might bet on 2.5+, meaning you think a team will score at least 3 goals.
- Half time/Full time — a bet on which team will be ahead in a match at half-time, and then who eventually wins.
- Scorecast — a bet that includes both the winner of the match (you can bet on a draw) and the correct final score.
- Player markets — a bet on an individual player, such as whether they will score, get a yellow or red card, etc., in a particular match.
- Both Teams To Score (BTTS) — a bet where you are wagering on whether both teams in a given match will or won’t find the net.
- Draw No Win — a bet where you get paid out at full odds if the team you back wins, and at half the odds if they draw.
- Totals — a bet on how many times a particular event will occur during a match e.g., the number of goals, free kicks, corners, etc.
During the summer and January transfer windows, transfer betting is another popular market. You can generally bet on whether or not a player is still at their current club at the end of the window, as well as where you think they’ll be playing after the transfer window closes. A form of transfer betting also applies to managers, with the market usually framed as Next Manager To Leave Their Post.
Live football betting is hugely popular as it is a dynamic market where the odds and betting options on a game are constantly changing in line with what is happening on the pitch. The range of in-play football betting markets is huge; for instance, you can bet on when you think the next goal will be scored, what will happen in the next ten minutes of the game, what the score will be after 60 or 75 minutes — you can usually get upwards of 50 in-play markets on every single game with live football betting.
All of the sites that we feature here offer football in-play betting, but we especially recommend Coral, 888 and 10Bet as the best online football betting sites when you want to bet live on football.
Accumulator bets, more commonly known as accas, involve combining a number of different wagers into a single bet (they can be purely football bets, or can incorporate other sports as well). Most accas will need to consist of at least 4 bets (called legs or folds) and with most online football betting sites, there is no limit as to how many legs you can include. The odds on your acca are the cumulative odds of each individual bet and so the payouts from a winning acca can be truly enormous. However, at the same time, if a single fold fails to win, then your entire bet is lost.
In our assessments of the best site to bet on football games, we’ve found that Leo Vegas is always a good choice when it comes to football accumulator bets, while the accas at Betway and BetBright also offer consistently good value.
Ladbrokes are up there with the best bookmaker for football accumulator betting. They have homepage quick links to the most popular coupons, including Saturday, UK and both teams to score. This makes building your acca quick and easy to do. It’s then a simple case of clicking the selections to add to your bet slip, deciding your stake and confirming the bet. All this can be done in a matter of minutes.
Ladbrokes also offer customers a number of football promotions, including their acca insurance. Place a football accumulator with Ladbrokes and they’ll return losing stakes if your bet loses by just one leg. That takes the sting out of going close. No wonder they are one of the best football betting sites in the UK.
Asian Handicap Betting
Asian Handicap Betting is a form of soccer bet where handicaps are used to offer better prices on matches where there might otherwise be a short-priced favourite. For instance, if you back a side to win with a -2.5 handicap, they essentially start the game with a 2.5 goal deficit and so will need to win by at least three goals for you to be paid out. Conversely, a team with a +2.5 handicap means that as long as they don’t lose by three or more goals, your bet wins. Asian Handicap Betting is offered at most of the best football betting sites and is a good alternative and creates a more interesting market than simple outright betting.
Top Football Events
The biggest matches and competitions are the times when the best online football betting sites offer punters excellent promotions and specials. When it comes to premiership betting for instance, a big derby game or top-of-the-table clash will usually feature enhanced odds specials on markets like outright result plus a particular player to score. There will also be a big selection of in-play markets as well. For FA Cup betting, there are good specials available when lower league teams come up against Premier League opposition, as well as outright markets on who will make the quarter and semi-finals, as well as who will get through to Wembley.
Champions’ League betting is also hugely popular for both outright betting on the tournament as a whole and individual matches, and the best bookies for football will have specials when it comes to the knock-out stages, including enhanced odds and coupons combining match winners and first player to score, for instance.
The Premier League is the top football division in England, with the EPL being widely regarded as the most competitive and entertaining in the European game. As a result, it comes as no surprise that Premier League betting sites are now hugely popular, with punters flocking to back their favourite teams and players on matchday. Comprised on 20 clubs, there are almost endless EPL betting markets to choose from, which include pre-match, live and outright options. Betting on the English Premier League can include everything from the winner of a specific match, who will be crowned champions come the end of the season and which player will finish as top goalscorer. Meanwhile, Premier League betting sites regularly introduce promotions surrounding the English top-flight, including free bets, price boosts, insurance offers and money back specials. There really has never been a better time to bet on the Premier League.
The 20/21 Premier League campaign promises to be as fiercely competitive as ever, with Liverpool being the team to beat following their success during the 19/20 season. The Premier League has some of the best players in the world, including Mohamed Salah, Kevin De Bruyne and Harry Kane. The likes of Manchester City and Chelsea will be looking to return to the top of the standings, while the battle to avoid relegation is always entertaining.
Best Sites For Live Streaming
A growing number of the best online football betting sites offer live streaming of football matches, and this is a service that you can generally access on your laptop or mobile phone. Obviously, the rights to screen football live is a very lucrative business, and so the leagues and competitions that are available will vary from site to site.
Coral offers the best football live streaming, and once you have set up an account and logged in you can get matches on any of your devices. The quality is good, the picture and volume are stable, so the overall viewing experience is excellent. They also feature a range of other sports on their live stream as well. We also recommend the live streaming service at Ladbrokes, where you can also watch live football on your mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop. In order to watch any of their live streams, you need to be logged in and have a positive balance, or to have placed a bet in the preceding 24 hours.
Watch live football at no extra cost on the bet365 website and app. If you have placed a bet on the fixture or have available funds in your account and the match is covered by the bet365 live streaming service you’re in for a treat.
Bet on the game then watch an HD quality stream with crystal clear sound and no frustrating loading or buffering times. Never again will you be forced to check a results page to see how your bet got on. Gamble, watch live and then bet again in-play, cash out, all on one page. If you have a reliable wifi connection, you can even watch live football when out and about. Live football betting has changed forever, and this really needs to be seen to be believed.
Best Football Betting Site For Odds
Welcome to our in-depth and professional review of the best football betting sites in England. The beautiful game ranks as the UK’s best loved sport and, for that reason, there are no shortage of opinions. Punters enjoy nothing more than profiting from their love by betting on football games, leagues and competitions.
Who should you trust with your stake money? There are many major names in the sports betting industry with fantastic football coverage and bet365 is amongst the best of them. The website and mobile app boast the most competitive odds you’re likely to find with over 100 markets available on each and every match from across the globe. One of the largest football betting sites around, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to ways to invest your stake money.
Football Betting With Cash Out
Cash Out is one of the most popular features found in football betting apps as it gives you the opportunity to get out of a bet early before a match is completed if it looks as though things aren’t going your way. Of course, the payout you receive when you take advantage of the Cash Out feature is substantially reduced, but it’s an effective tool for rescuing a bet that looks like going badly wrong. If you’re thinking of cashing out, it’s important to keep an eye on the amount you’ll be offered, as this changes as a match processes.
Football Betting Glossary
- Accumulator Bet: An accumulator involves putting multiple ‘selections’ into a single wager (usually at least four, to distinguish them from Doubles and Trebles). In order to win the overall wager, each of those individual selections must win – if just one of them loses, the whole bet is over. Accumulators are high risk bets, which can also deliver high rewards.
- Handicap Betting: With handicap bets, you essentially start the football match with a ‘fake’ score, created for your wager only. You’ll choose a team to win, based on that fake score, and if they do so you also win your bet. If you’re betting the underdog the number will be positive (e.g. +2 goals), and if you’re taking the favourite it will be negative (e.g. -1 goals).
- Asian Handicap: Asian handicaps are very similar to regular, ‘European’ handicaps, also using a fake score to help the bettor gain value. The main difference is what happens with draws. Asian handicaps do offer a draw option, in which you can still collect your winnings on a draw, whereas European handicaps count draws as a ‘push’, simply returning your stake.
- Over/Under Bet: One of the most popular bet types around, Over/Unders involve simply betting on how many goals you think there will be in a game. You pick a half-number – e.g. 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, and so on – and choose whether you think there will be more or fewer goals than that. If you take over 2.5 goals, for example, you need at least three goals to be scored.
- Ante Post Betting: While not as popular as in horse racing, ante-post bets do still exist in football. As in racing, they involve placing long-term bets on certain outcomes. Outright bets – explained below – count as being ante post, as do wagers on games which are still a fair way into the future.
- Win/Draw/Win: Also known as ‘Match Result’ or ‘1/X/2’, this is the most straightforward – and probably the most popular – bet type in football. Quite simply, you’re betting on one of the three possible outcomes of a football match – a home win, a draw, or an away win. Every bookie will offer this market on just about every professional match around.
- Draw No Bet: Draw No Bet is a safer version of the traditional Match Result bet. To place one, you bet on either the home or away team to win the game. If that team wins, you collect your winnings; if they lose, you get nothing; and if there’s a draw, the bet is void, and you simply get your stake back.
- Both Teams to Score: This is another of the most straightforward and popular bet types in football. As the name suggests, you’re purely betting on whether or not both teams will score in that game, and only have two options ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. If you take ‘Yes’ for example, and the game finishes 1-1, you win.
- Double Chance: Double Chance is basically a variant on ‘Match Result’. Rather than just picking one outcome on a game, you actually get to pick two within the same bet: ‘Home/Draw’, ‘Draw/Away’, or ‘Home/Away’. Naturally this is a much easier bet to win than Match Result, but it also – therefore – carries lower odds.
- Correct Score: With a Correct Score, rather than taking one of the three outcomes of a football match, you must literally predict the exact score at which the game will finish. You can essentially take any score you like, from 0-0 right up to 7-1, for example. Although they’re potentially lucrative, these are also extremely difficult bets to win.
- Outright Betting: Outright bets are the most popular way to place long-term wagers on football. Rather than betting on a particular game, these involve predicting the outcome of an entire competition. There are quite a few variants to pick from, with some of the most popular being Winner, Top Goalscorer, and To Be Relegated.
Football betting has undoubtedly become a way of life for many of us and has increased the levels of engagement with the game. As a result, the market is very competitive and so when you’re trying to find which betting site is best for football, you’ll discover that there are plenty of offers and special deals around for both the serious punter and the football watcher who just likes to have a bet every now and then.
We hope you’ve found this guide to the top football betting sites in UK useful and that it’s given you a clearer picture of what’s currently out there. Happy punting!
Recommended Football Site
Bet £10 Get £30. Use Code: G30
18+. UK+IRE only. Promo code ‘G30’ required. Min first bet £10. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days.T&Cs Apply.