PayPal is undoubtedly the leading online payment platform around today, having originally been founded back in 1999. With the payment system has been processing transactions across the globe for many years, it comes as little surprise that PayPal is now a popular method of depositing and withdrawing funds when it comes to betting sites. Betting sites that accept PayPal are now in demand, with the speed, convenience and ease of using this method of payment meaning that an increasing number of punters are now registering with bookmakers that accept PayPal. This page will take a detailed look at the benefits of using PayPal, as well as some of the potential fees involved. However, let’s start by listing the betting sites that use PayPal today.
What are the Best Betting Sites that Accept PayPal?
The first of our PayPal bookmakers is 888Sport, with their customers being able to use the online payment system to both deposit and withdraw funds on their sportsbook. A minimum deposit of just £10 is available at 888Sport using PayPal, while there are no fees to worry about when depositing cash. Coupled with sports markets, generous promotions and additional features in which the bookmaker offers, it comes as little surprise that 888Sport is now one of the best betting sites that use PayPal.
Paddy Power PayPal terms mean that their customers can use this form of banking to both deposit and withdraw money, with deposits ranging from between £10 and £10,500, making them an appealing platform for high rollers. Meanwhile, withdrawals made using PayPal at Paddy Power are processed between 4-24 hours, however they are often almost instant.
Ladbrokes also cater for punters looking to deposit and withdraw funds using PayPal, with deposits starting at just £10, rising to up to £5,500. Meanwhile, processing times for transactions are instant, while no fees are involved either. Those making an opening deposit at Ladbrokes using PayPal can also take advantage of their generous welcome bonus, something which cannot be said of some other bookmakers.
Bet365 PayPal conditions state that deposits start at just £10, while they rise up to £5,500. Deposits using PayPal at Bet365 are also instant, with no fees being involved, while withdrawals are processed within just 24 hours, with the same limits applying to their customers. Those depositing using PayPal at Bet365 can take advantage of live streaming, cash out and in-play betting opportunities, making the bookie all the more appealing.
William Hill is another betting site which offers PayPal as a method of banking, with deposits again starting at £10, while a maximum amount of £5,500 can be transferred to user accounts. Deposits made using PayPal are also instant, meaning that there are no frustrating waits for punters. Withdrawals can also be made using PayPal at William Hill, with transactions taking just 24 hours to complete.
Punters looking to deposit using PayPal can do so anywhere between £5 and £5,500, putting them on a par with many of their closest competitors. PayPal deposits at Betway are instant, while withdrawals can be used via PayPal on both desktop and mobile. Alongside their generous £30 free bet welcome bonus and range of sports markets, Betway is undoubtedly one of the leading PayPal betting sites around today.
Betfred are one of the few PayPal gambling sites to offer deposits starting from £5, while the maximum deposit amount sits at a significant £15,000. Both deposits and withdrawals using PayPal are processed free at Betfred, with withdrawals range from anywhere between £5 and £5,000.
What are the Benefits and Limitations of Using PayPal for Gambling?
Those registering with a PayPal betting site can look forward to utilising a number of benefits in which this method of banking brings, while there are very few limitations to worry about.
Benefits of Using PayPal Gambling Sites:
- Easy to use – Payments made on betting sites using PayPal are extremely simple, with punters simply having to enter their log in details and the amount in which they wish to either deposit or withdraw.
- Security – Due to the fact that punters are not required to enter their bank details with their bookmaker when using PayPal, an additional layer of security is utilised. As well as this, encryption technology is used by PayPal in order to ensure that all transactions are processed 100% safely.
- Limits – Those using PayPal betting sites in the UK are able to take advantage of some high limits, with deposits up to £15,000 being available in some cases. As a result, both beginners and high rollers are catered for.
- Mobile – Whether it be via their mobile site or dedicated app, PayPal customers are able to gain access to their account at all times when away from their desktop, offering another hugely convenient form of banking.
- Sign-up – Registering for a PayPal account can be done in just a matter of minutes, with the verification process also being straightforward.
Limitations of Using PayPal Gambling Sites:
- Fees – Processing transactions using PayPal can sometimes come with some small fees involved, however this will not effect the majority of punters.
- Suspended Accounts – PayPal will sometimes suspend accounts when suspicious activity takes place, which may effect punters ability to process deposits and withdrawals at that time.
How Can I Deposit and Withdraw with PayPal?
In order to deposit funds using a betting site, we will take a look at Ladbrokes as an example. This step-by-step guide must be carried out after a PayPal account has been registered.
- Enter the Ladbrokes website or mobile app.
- Log in to your account using your username and password.
- Click or tap on the DEPOSIT option.
- Select PAYPAL as your preferred method of banking.
- Enter the amount in wihch you wish to deposit.
- Confirm your decision.
- Enter your PayPal account details once redirected.
- Confirm your decision to deposit via PayPal.
Are there any Fees with Using PayPal?
Those considering using PayPal bookmakers must be aware of the fees that may be incurred along the way, with small charges sometimes having to be paid when depositing and withdrawing funds. While the majority of transactions are processed quickly and without charge, a 1.5% fee is unlikely to put punters off on the whole.
Is PayPal a Safe Banking Method for Sports Betting?
Online betting with PayPal is very safe, with a number of security measures having been put in place. SSL encryption technology is used in order to ensure that no third parties gain access to personal details, while PayPal regularly suspend user accounts upon suspicious activity being traced. Meanwhile, the fact that punters are not required to enter their bank details when using PayPal betting sites in the UK makes them more trustworthy and reliable.
History of PayPal
PayPal was founded back in 1999, with the online payment system having helped millions of customers across the globe in transferring funds since then. PayPal is licensed in a number of regions, including the UK, where they are regulated by the Financial Services Authority. PayPal’s headquarters are based in California, United States, while the company has established partnerships with many leading organisations in the past, most recently in the form of Instagram.
PayPal Betting Sites Conclusion
As you will have gathered from this page, the number of PayPal bookies has increased over recent times, with the online payment system offering a safe, convenient and efficient form of depositing and withdrawing funds. With that being said, the demand for this method of banking has also increased, demonstrated by the number of trusted bookmakers now accepting PayPal.