Sports betting websites reviews are one of the most valuable sources of information for any online punter, regardless of their betting interests or experience. Reviews arm you with the knowledge you need to take your online betting fun to the next level, without compromising your safety, putting a hole in your wallet, or wasting your precious time having to test all these sites for yourself.
Our comprehensive list of online betting sites includes only the very best online bookies in the industry. What’s more, these brands are the top sites in the UK. We’ve made sure of it because we have thoroughly researched them. This includes going through the entire sign up, deposit and betting processes to make certain that what they provide is a legitimate, rewarding, fair, safe and enjoyable experience.
Being seasoned punters ourselves, we rigorously test each and every site we review because we believe that you deserve the very best online sports betting experience. That’s why our reviews tell you both what’s great about a site and what can be improved, because you need honest information to be able to choose the online bookmaker that’s right for you.
New customer only, max one £10 free bet, qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 2.0(1/1) or greater, paid as bonus token with min odds reg, T&C Apply
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Deposit £10 min and claim in ‘my offers' 1x100% mobile in-play profit boost. Max stake £10. Max extra winnings £100. Valid for 30 days. Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify. 18+ Full T&Cs apply. www.begambleaware.org
18+. UK & IE only. promo code G30. Min £10 .Single Only.No Tote/Pool. Min odds 1/2. Valid for 14 days. Free bet not returned. Free bets & bonus valid for 4 days. Casino bonus x20 Wager. T&Cs apply
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
New Customers; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Bonus amount is 50% of deposit up to £100; 6x deposit and bonus turnover (min. odds 3/5 on singles and 2/5 per selection on acca bets), in 30 days, for bonus release; Some bet types don’t contribute to turnover; Withdrawal before turnover results in bonus cancellation; Terms apply; 18+
18+. UK+IRE only. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days. Free bet stake not returned. 18+ T&Cs Apply.
New online customers only, min £10/€10 stake, win only, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 3 X £10/€10, 30 day expiry, free bet/payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Our Betting Sites Review Process
What can be expected from a bookmaker review page we’ve put together for our fellow punters, like you? In short – an unbiased rundown of what the site has to offer. To put this into greater perspective, the following is a list of the things we check when analysing a sports betting site:
- Ease of opening an account – We find out how fast and easy it is to sign up at the sites we review. We go through the process step-by-step, so we can tell you just how quick and straightforward it was to get from point A to point B.
- Bonus options, codes and ongoing promotions – We let you know what offers are available, including new player welcome offers, like deposit bonuses and free bets, to ongoing promotions related to special events, loyalty schemes and more. We’ll provide you with any necessary bonus codes and make sure the terms for promotions are clear and honest.
- How to make real deposits – You’ll discover how easy it is to make a deposit and learn what banking options are available for making fast and secure deposits.
- Compare sites during live sports events – This is the only real way to see actual changes and odds differential among the best betting sites. All bookies claim to offer the best odds, but we compare them and see which ones offer the best during different events.
- More than football – Of course football is the primary market that captures most of our interests, but today’s online bookmakers offer a wide-variety of markets that includes traditional sports markets (e.g. football, boxing, horse racing, tennis, etc.), modern sports markets (eSpots, MMA, etc.) and non-sports markets (TV, Novelty, Politics). We don’t just stick to one market, we try different ones the bookmakers have to offer.
- Gamble – Just how easy is it to place a bet? We’ll let you know and, while we’re at it, we’ll fill you in on the variety of betting options they have, including fixed odds betting, exchange betting, spread betting, in-play bets, etc. We’ll also check to see if streaming options are available.
- Withdrawal – We take a look at withdrawal options, regulations, the verification process, and processing times to let you know how easy it is to request a withdrawal and how long it will take, on average, for you to receive your funds.
- Mobile and apps – You’ll find out through our online betting sites reviews if a bookmaker’s site is mobile-compatible, which mobile devices they support (e.g. smartphones and tablets), which operating system they support (e.g. iOS and Android), as well as where you can download the app if one is available.
- Security – We investigate the site’s security to make sure funds transfers and personal account information is fully safeguarded with the best encryption security protocols, always.
- Checking the support – Can you rely on the support staff to be there when you need them and effectively answer your questions? Do they reply in social channels? Is there an FAQ and is it helpful? Can you expect 24/7 support? We answer all these questions.
- Online reputation – We reveal what the site’s overall reputation is among players by analysing what others have said in forums and what other reviews have said. Plus, we find out if the company is on any registered review platform.
What Makes a Good Betting Site
Through our online bookmakers reviews you will discover – as we have discovered from our testing of so many brands – the various components that come together to make a good betting site.
Some of these include:
- Transparent bonuses and offers – Terms and conditions attached to all promotions should be clear and the offers should deliver actual value to the player.
- Good odds on bets compared to competitors – This means not just promising better odds than the competition but actually providing those lower margins, so the bookie is taking less profit from a market.
- Markets beyond football – The bookmaker needs good market and bet type variety. It’s not only about who has the best football markets anymore.
- Smooth interface and user-friend navigation – Placing bets, claiming promotions, viewing results, and any other functions performed on the site, should be fast, seamless and clear for both desktop and mobile.
- Extra features – In-play betting, live streaming, early cash out, money-back offers, guaranteed bonus odds, or any additional benefit can making the betting experience that much better.
- 24/7 Customer Support – Although not always available, gambling sites that offer around-the-clock customer service show a serious commitment to their players.
You should never feel undervalued or taken advantage of by any betting site. Yes, sports betting is a business with a goal to make money, but a good bookmaker values its patrons and will make a significantly positive difference to your overall experience.
Our review policy
We hope that by sharing our in-depth and honest online betting sites reviews with you, that you’ll feel empowered to make informed decisions about the online bookmakers we’ve reviewed and any others that you may wish to try.
Our reviews are unique because we have not only scrutinized each site we’ve reviewed for research purposes, but we have also enjoyed them as punters to provide you with our most genuine and fair opinion.
We’re passionate gamblers and we know that sports betting is a very personal experience. Every one of us a part of the TBS team has our own favourite sports betting brand for different reasons, and we understand that you will, too. When it all comes down to it, only you can decide which betting site is the best one for you. Our mission is to help make this decision easier.